Facebook Fan Pages – Five Strategies For Success

Not sure what to do once your Fan page is up?  My motto with social media – Always start with a strategy.  Get out the pen and paper, pull out the laptop and brainstorm.  Organize your ideas and implement. Here are some strategies to help:

1.  Make your Fan page a resource

Knowing your customers interests is vital to keep them coming back. What information do they need?  By posting articles and links to useful information on your wall,  your Fan page also becomes an opportunity to showcase yourself as an expert. Provide these things for your customers and they will return to your page time and time again.  Resist the urge to make every status update about you, your product/service and how wonderful they are.  It can cause customers to “unlike” your page or hide you from their newsfeed.

2.  Connect

Interact with customers. Make use of all of the Facebook tools. Ask questions. Respond to comments. Be cautious about listing your entire product line or list of services. A sample on your fan page could lead new customers to visit your website for more information. Spamming or is always a bad idea, but targeting offers to customers who show interest can lead to increased customer loyalty.   Remember the 80/20 rule – 80% of status updates should be informational, with the remaining 20% mentioning your products/services.

3.  Be human

Pictures and personal information put a face on a company. As long as you present an image that enhances your business, personalizing your Fan page is a great way to get followers.  There’ s a fine line between sharing personal vs private information.  Remember that everything you post on your Fan page is indexed in the search engines and is public, so use discretion.  You can mention a hobby, a pet or mention the milestone in your child’s life (graduation, birthday, awards,etc).

4.  Be present

Fill out your profile completely with links to your website and other social networking accounts like LinkedIn, Twitter, Blogs, Flickr, etc.. Keep article, photo andvideocontent current. It’s not enough to throw up a page and be done with it. Make sure to respond to customers who become fans.  (There are settings that hide customer comments, so make sure you check those settings.)  Another think you can do is in groups and other Pages related to your business.

5.  Innovate

You can use your Fan page as a mini-website, but Facebook moves fast. Don’t be afraid to try the latest thing. Explore webinars, and other interactive media as options to improve business relationships.  You can sign into YouTube and search ‘Facebook tutorials”.  Here are a few of my favorites:

Creating a Facebook fan page is just the first step toward integrating social media into your marketing plan. Don’t forget to provide links from your website to your Fan page. There are no hard and fast rules, but updating your page more than 2x a day may cause customers to “unlike” your page or hide it from their Newsfeed.  Be sure to connect your Facebook fan page to other social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flickr, Blogs), so your network will grow. In no time your Fan page will be the central hub of your successful online marketing campaign.

*Facebook Fan pages” are sometimes referred to “Facebook Business pages”

Please feel free to use the comments section to ask questions.

Be Sociable, Share!

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.

Facebook Fan Pages – Five Strategies For Success

Not sure what to do once your Fan page is up?  My motto with social media – Always start with a strategy.  Get out the pen and paper, pull out the laptop and brainstorm.  Organize your ideas and implement. Here are some strategies to help:

1.  Make your Fan page a resource

Knowing your customers interests is vital to keep them coming back. What information do they need?  By posting articles and links to useful information on your wall,  your Fan page also becomes an opportunity to showcase yourself as an expert. Provide these things for your customers and they will return to your page time and time again.  Resist the urge to make every status update about you, your product/service and how wonderful they are.  It can cause customers to “unlike” your page or hide you from their newsfeed.

2.  Connect

Interact with customers. Make use of all of the Facebook tools. Ask questions. Respond to comments. Be cautious about listing your entire product line or list of services. A sample on your fan page could lead new customers to visit your website for more information. Spamming or is always a bad idea, but targeting offers to customers who show interest can lead to increased customer loyalty.   Remember the 80/20 rule – 80% of status updates should be informational, with the remaining 20% mentioning your products/services.

3.  Be human

Pictures and personal information put a face on a company. As long as you present an image that enhances your business, personalizing your Fan page is a great way to get followers.  There’ s a fine line between sharing personal vs private information.  Remember that everything you post on your Fan page is indexed in the search engines and is public, so use discretion.  You can mention a hobby, a pet or mention the milestone in your child’s life (graduation, birthday, awards,etc).

4.  Be present

Fill out your profile completely with links to your website and other social networking accounts like LinkedIn, Twitter, Blogs, Flickr, etc.. Keep article, photo andvideocontent current. It’s not enough to throw up a page and be done with it. Make sure to respond to customers who become fans.  (There are settings that hide customer comments, so make sure you check those settings.)  Another think you can do is in groups and other Pages related to your business.

5.  Innovate

You can use your Fan page as a mini-website, but Facebook moves fast. Don’t be afraid to try the latest thing. Explore webinars, and other interactive media as options to improve business relationships.  You can sign into YouTube and search ‘Facebook tutorials”.  Here are a few of my favorites:

Creating a Facebook fan page is just the first step toward integrating social media into your marketing plan. Don’t forget to provide links from your website to your Fan page. There are no hard and fast rules, but updating your page more than 2x a day may cause customers to “unlike” your page or hide it from their Newsfeed.  Be sure to connect your Facebook fan page to other social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flickr, Blogs), so your network will grow. In no time your Fan page will be the central hub of your successful online marketing campaign.

*Facebook Fan pages” are sometimes referred to “Facebook Business pages”

Please feel free to use the comments section to ask questions.

Be Sociable, Share!

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.

Follow This Blog

Bad Behavior has blocked 507 access attempts in the last 7 days.